Our Last Days of Summer are Now Available!
Celebrate Labor Day with Camp Awesome! Friday 9/3 and Monday 9/6 are available to sign up for our Playa Del Rey location.
*Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, many of our operations have changed to meet state and county safety standards.
- Parents/legal guardians of higher-risk campers are recommended to consult their child’s medical provider(s) to assess risk and determine if camp attendance is acceptable
- It is important to please keep your camper(s) home if they show symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Parents/legal guardians are recommended to take their child(ren)’s temperature before coming to camp each day; If a child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher they will not be able to come to camp and will be advised to contact our primary COVID-19 contacts (Courtney Lew and Diana Banuelos)
- Campers will be required to bring their own masks/face coverings to camp
Drop off/Pick up Procedures
- All parents/legal guardians, campers, and staff will be required to wear facial coverings during drop off/pick up times
- Parents/legal guardians, campers, and staff will be required to uphold appropriate social distancing whenever possible, as indicated by cones spaced 6 feet apart
- Staff will conduct health checks, which include health screening questions and temperature checks with no-touch thermometers, to all campers before admitting them into camp
- At pick up, parents/legal guardians will check in with a designated staff member and campers will be escorted to the pick up location
- Parents/legal guardians will need to communicate with staff ahead of time to arrange drop off or pick up times outside of those already designated
- Everyday at the beginning of camp, staff will go over small group trainings/demonstrations with campers on appropriate behaviors and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Campers and staff are asked to remain 6 feet apart whenever possible
- Campers and staff must bring their own face covering each day in order to participate in the program; campers and staff must wear a face covering at all times, except when eating and while playing in the ocean
- Campers will be encouraged to bring their own sand toys and equipment; no equipment or supplies will be shared among campers besides items provided by the camp that are easily cleaned
- Campers and staff must wash or use hand sanitizer to clean their hands between activities, and before and after eating
- Camp staff will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and supplies
In Case of a Confirmed or Suspected Infection:
- Staff and campers will be monitored closely throughout the day for any signs of illness; if a staff member or camper has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, a cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19, preparations will be made to either send them home or to a medical facility
- Parents/legal guardians of the camper that is suspected of being infected will be immediately notified
- Parents/legal guardians of campers that may potentially have had contact with suspected or confirmed cases will be immediately contacted
- Before leaving camp, campers and staff that are suspected of being infected will be isolated in a separate tent away from their group until they are able to either be safely transported home or sent to a medical facility, as appropriate
- Staff will clean and disinfect the isolation area at the end of the day, after proper ventilation
- Parent/legal guardians of campers who are confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 will be advised not to return to camp until they meet CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation
Purchase of a Camp Awesome Registration (Membership) Fee per child is required before ordering any summer scheduled days.
Once you have completed registration, check out our camp schedules below to sign up for summer!