Frequently Asked Questions
Full refunds are available until June 1st. After that we may offer them on a case by case basis but membership fee will be non-refundable. Rescheduling is offered free of charge and can be done at anytime as long as space is available.
More flexiblity in your scheduling! We offer daily pricing so you are not locked into a full week at a time. Drop off/ pickup is available anytime within our operating hours of 10am- 4pm.
Campers should join the camp site for the age that they will be when they will attend camp even if they will be old enough for the next age group later in the year.
Yes! From our summer tab, scroll down to the list of upcoming camps. On the top right of that section you will see an option for calendar view. Select this and you can see each upcoming camp listed in different color blocks. Either a “Full” or “W” indicates which camp is fully booked for the day. Availability constantly changes as families rearrange their schedules and if additional staff becomes available. Availability calendar
Yes! We can switch your originally purchased camp days for any other camp days that are available. Camp days can also be switched between siblings or other family members attending camp. Spots CANNOT be switched between other campers who are not in the same household or family. If there are camp days that you can no longer attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you!
Yes, in order to be added to our waiting list the membership fee needs to be paid. However, if you are not offered any of the days you waitlisted for please contact us and we can refund the charges.
An email will be sent out to the primary email address on file if space becomes available. We will hold the spot for 24hs. After that the spot may be offered to another family.
Reach out to us at email@example.com for inquiries.
Yes! Starting July 10th, we will be offering 9:00am early drop off for an additional $12/day and 5:00pm late pick up for an additional $12/day
Yes! Our discounts are already applied to our prices.
- Sign up before April 1st and get $10 off per day
- Sign up before May 1st and get $5 off per day
Financial scholarships are also available upon request with discounts up to 20% off. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Absolutely! Once you have your Brightwheel account you can manage your approved list under each campers profile. Be sure to add a phone number or email address so the children can link with the guardians account. You can also message us via the brightwheel app for assistance. Don’t know what Brightwheel is? Scroll all the way down for more info!
Each adult listed will get their own pin. All campers they are allowed to pick up should show under their personal account. If anyone is missing from the list please contact us.
After creating your profile with Brightwheel, click the menu button in the app and click your name. You will be taken to your profile where you can find your four digit Check-in Code
- We welcome checking in to see how your campers are doing throughout the day through the Brightwheel app. If you don’t already have an account we will send you a link to join close to your camper’s start date of camp. Here you can also notify us of any late drop offs or early pick ups. We will also use Brightwheel to reach out to you with any notifications/reminders while your camper is in attendence.
- For general inquiries please reach out to email@example.com
- Campers do not need to be strong swimmers or know how to swim at all for the water activities.
- We only allow the campers to go up to their knees (4-6 years old) , waist (7 and up) or lower depending on water conditions, so they’re not really swimming per se.
- We have a 1:6 ratio for camp awesome mini and 1:7 ratio for the others in the water and the staff make a “net” around the kids, making sure they don’t go past us or outside the boundaries.
- We are also certified through Los Angeles County Beaches & Harbors and are located near a lifeguard tower with a lifeguard dedicated to watching our campers.
- Before entering the water we speak to said lifeguard and go over current conditions and relay that information to the campers. Most campers are “playing” in the water more so than swimming.
- Campers do not have to get in the water but we do all go down to the shore together. There will be dedicated staff for those not getting wet.
- All staff are CPR and First aid certified.
Although highly recommended, masking for campers is optional at this time for beach camps. Masks will not be worn during water time and eating. All staff will continue to wear masks, however this is subject to change.
Note: masks are still required for our Saturday Clubhouse events.
- Plenty of snacks
- Beach towel
- Crocs or sandals
- Sunblock (spray preferred)
- Swimsuit (worn under clothes)
- Camp Awesome rash guard which will be given on your child’s first day!
- Pizza Fridays – Every Friday we will be having pizza for lunch! If you are interested in having your camper join please send them with $5. Unfortunately, this year we will not be providing drinks or additional snacks. Please send them with anything extra you think they made need.
- Ice Cream Truck – CAMP AWESOME® will usually be visited by an Ice Cream Truck daily. The schedule is not readily available as they stop by the area randomly. If you would like to send your camper with cash ($2-$3) to purchase an optional treat from the truck you may do so. Money must be in a sealed bag to prevent loss and may only be shared among household members. Please be aware we can not hold on to cash for the campers and they need to be responsible for it themselves
Of course! Siblings are more than welcome to spend time together while doing activities in the sand or during lunch as long as they notify a counselor. The only time where different age groups must be separated is during water time.
Our Pro Program is for our older kids who know the in’s and out’s of having fun and can now mentor others about what an awesome summer camp experience is all about! Pro Campers help set an example for new or younger campers by assisting with games, arts and crafts, and creating a fun atmosphere for all
Here are six tips for packing a waste-free lunch!
1. Ditch the juice box/plastic water bottle and serve your child’s beverage in a reusable stainless steel bottle or thermos.
2. Place sandwiches and snacks in Tupperware or other reusable containers.
3. Shop in bulk. Instead of purchasing items like yogurt and pretzels in individual serving sizes, select economy sizes and pack in reusable containers.
4. Pack stainless steel utensils instead of plastic.
5. Replace paper napkins with cloth.
6. Place all items in a reusable lunch box.
Because we use restrooms open to the public, a counselor will escort campers to the restroom. Campers are welcome to use the restroom that most closely aligns with their identity. Parents might be notified if there is anything we think needs to be brought to their attention