Frequently Asked Questions
What's your refund/cancellation policy?
Full refunds are available until June 1st. After that we may offer them on a case by case basis but membership fee will be non-refundable. Rescheduling is offered free of charge and can be done at anytime as long as space is available.
What does “drop in program” mean?
More flexiblity in your scheduling! We offer daily pricing so you are not locked into a full week at a time. Drop off/ pickup is available anytime within our operating hours of 10am- 4pm.
Does my camper need to know how to swim to participate?
- Campers do not need to be strong swimmers or know how to swim at all for the water activities.
- We only allow the campers to go up to their knees (4-6 years old) , waist (7 and up) or lower depending on water conditions, so they're not really swimming per se.
- We have a 1:6 ratio for camp awesome mini and 1:7 ratio for the others in the water and the staff make a “net” around the kids, making sure they don't go past us or outside the boundaries.
- We are also certified through Los Angeles County Beaches & Harbors and are located near a lifeguard tower with a lifeguard dedicated to watching our campers.
- Before entering the water we speak to said lifeguard and go over current conditions and relay that information to the campers. Most campers are “playing” in the water more so than swimming.
- Campers do not have to get in the water but we do all go down to the shore together. There will be dedicated staff for those not getting wet.
- All staff are CPR and First aid certified.
What age group should I place my camper in?
Campers should join the camp site for the age that they will be when they will attend camp even if they will be old enough for the next age group later in the year.
What is your current mask policy?
Although highly recommended, masking for campers is optional at this time for beach camps. Masks will not be worn during water time and eating. All staff will continue to wear masks, however this is subject to change.
Note: masks are still required for our Saturday Clubhouse events.
Can I see availability without paying the membership fee?
Yes! From our summer tab, scroll down to the list of upcoming camps. On the top right of that section you will see an option for calendar view. Select this and you can see each upcoming camp listed in different color blocks. Either a “Full” or “W” indicates which camp is fully booked for the day. Availability constantly changes as families rearrange their schedules and if additional staff becomes available. Availability
Can I switch days if my plans change?
Yes! We can switch your originally purchased camp days for any other camp days that are available. Camp days can also be switched between siblings or other family members attending camp. Spots CANNOT be switched between other campers who are not in the same household or family. If there are camp days that you can no longer attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you!
Do I need a membership to get on the waitlist?
Yes, in order to be added to our waiting list the membership fee needs to be paid. However, if you are not offered any of the days you waitlisted for please contact us and we can refund the charges.
How will I be contacted if space becomes available?
An email will be sent out to the primary email address on file if space becomes available. We will hold the spot for 24hs. After that the spot may be offered to another family.
Can I add additional approved guardians for pick up?
Absolutely! Once you have your Brightwheel account you can manage your approved list under each campers profile. Be sure to add a phone number or email address so the children can link with the guardians account. You can also message us via the brightwheel app for assistance. Don't know what Brightwheel is? Scroll all the way down for more info!
Do I need to share my Brightwheel pin with other adults allowed to pick up my camper(s)?
Each adult listed will get their own pin. All campers they are allowed to pick up should show under their personal account. If anyone is missing from the list please contact us.
How can we reach you during camp hours?
- We welcome checking in to see how your campers are doing throughout the day through the Brightwheel app. If you don't already have an account we will send you a link to join close to your camper's start date of camp. Here you can also notify us of any late drop offs or early pick ups. We will also use Brightwheel to reach out to you with any notifications/reminders while your camper is in attendence.
- For general inquiries please reach out to email@example.com